Glasgow is the home of Fort Williams, built by the Union army in 1863 to protect the surrounding area from Confederate infantry raiders. The city renovated the earthwork fort in the early 1980s. Fort Williams is located in the Glasgow Municipal Cemetery on Leslie Avenue.
A Confederate monument is located on the courthouse lawn.
CIVIL WAR HISTORICAL MARKER IN GLASGOW:
Confederate Congressional Medal of Honor (State Marker 1133, Courthouse lawn, US 31E & 68, Glasgow)