STEP 1: First Meeting on February 14, 2006. Click here for community identified assets
STEP 2: Photo Tour and Recommendations for Scott County. Click herefor Adobe PDF File.
STEP 3: Map Created of Attractions and Offerings:
1. Big South Fork Recreation Area
2. Station Horse Camp - Access to Big South Fork Trails
3. Wilderness Resort - 3 acre lots, resort cabins & stables to rent. Access to Big South
4. Williams Creek Cabins - 1 stable and 7 resort cabins. Access to Big South Fork Trails.
5. Possum Trot - Cabins, Shooting Range.
6. Oneida City Park - Amphitheater, lake, fishing, pavilions, picnic area, playground,
swimming pool,community center, lighted walking trail, nature walk and more.
7. South Fork Tack Store
8. Uncle Dale’s Trading Post & Restaurant (equestrian theme)
9. Mont Eagle Stables & Lessons
10. Oneida Golf and Country Club - 9 hole
11. Historic Downtown Oneida (office of Howard Baker, historic buildings, trading post,
13. Brimstone ATV
14. Historic Downtown Huntsville - Courthouse, historic bank, city park, cafe, historical
commemorative bell, pavilion.
15. Roane Community College - nature walk, pond.
16. Utility Lake - fishing only, nonmotorized boats
17. Proposed access point for excursion train
18. Glass House
19. Coal Camp - company store and nine company house still remain
20. Burnt Mill Bridge Access - self-guided tour, picnicking and canoeing
21. Robbins - Barton’s Chapel - Founder of Girl Scouts’ Brother built the chapel over 100
22. Powder House for coke ovens
23. Brimstone ATV Recreation Area
24. Elk Viewing Area at NORMA - very visible from road - excellent area for pull off and
parking at this location.
25. Swing Bridge Road - scenic overlook on bridge of both railroad and New River.
WMTH CORPORATION PO BOX 51153 BOWLING GREEN, KY 42102 PHONE (270) 781-6858 FAX 781-2949